The following article contains a series of steps required to start using BugReplay on Safari. (Future versions of the Safari extension will streamline this process.)
1. Enable the Develop menu from Safari’s Preferences by ensuring the option at the bottom of the Advanced tab is checked.
2. From the Develop > Experimental Features menu, ensure “MediaRecorder” is checked.
3. From the Develop > WebRTC menu, ensure “Allow Media Capture on Insecure Sites” is checked.
4. Also: Click "Allow Unsigned Extensions" from the same Safari Develop menu.
5. Install the macOS app containing the extension by clicking here:
6. Drag the BugReplay App from the dmg disk image to your Applications folder (or Desktop).
7. Open the BugReplay macOS app just downloaded. You will see the following message. Click on: “Quit and Open Safari Extensions Preferences…”.
8. Ensure that "BugReplay" is checked in the list of Extensions presented:
9. You should now be able to see the BugReplay icon in your Safari toolbar. This button will launch the extension popup and provide access to all the extension’s functionality:
10. After loading a page and clicking the “Start Recording” button on the BugReplay extension, click “Start Recording” again on the interstitial that appears.
11. Click “Allow” on the prompt from Safari requesting to observe your screen.