To integrate with Okta, you will need an administrator account on Okta. If you're not an administrator, please send these instructions to your Okta admin:
1. Once you’ve logged in as administrator, you will see a blue “Admin” button on top of your Okta dashboard. On the left hand side you can see the Okta menu. Click on “Applications”. Once you see the Applications page please click on the “Create App Integration” button to get started.
2. On the upcoming dialog under Sign-in method choose “OIDC - OpenID Connect” and under Application type choose “Web Application” then click next.
3. On the next screen please check “Authorization code” and “Implicit (Hybrid)”. The Sign in redirect url will be https://app.bugreplay.com/static/html/okta.html, then choose the control access type you need and click on next.
If you want there is a BugReplay logo you can use and it will be displayed on your “Application” button on your Okta team users’ home page. You can download the logo here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.bugreplay.com/Assets/bugreplay_logo.png
4. Once you click on next you will see your Application’s setup screen. You will here see the Client ID and Client secret that can both be copied to your clipboard. You will need those to set up the BugReplay side of the Okta integration, together with your okta domain with https:// in front of it.
5. You can edit the Application settings here with the “Edit” button on the top right of the “General settings” section. Make sure to select “Login initiated by” and set it to “Either Okta or App” and also check “Display application icon to users” and “Display application icon in the Okta Mobile app” and then insert the “Initiate login URI”, we will have to come back to this once the BugReplay side of the integration is complete. For now the URL will look like this:
6. Then save.
7. The last step as an Okta admin is to assign the Application Integration to your Users.
Important: When your team is logging in, the user's email address should be the same as the email they use to log in on the BugReplay web app on your team! If that’s not the case the Okta login will fail to log into BugReplay.
BugReplay: setting up the Okta integration
8. In order to add the Okta integration to your BugReplay account, log in to your BugReplay account and navigate to the “Integrations” menu: https://app.bugreplay.com/#/integrations
This will show you a list of integrations you can add.
9. Find the “Okta” row and click on the “Add” Button. You will need to insert your Okta organization URL (complete with https..), your Okta Client ID, and Secret. Once you hit the “Save” button a unique API Key will be generated for your team. Any other user on your team can add the Okta integration for their user and will get the same API Key automatically assigned (as they are on the same BugReplay team).
After clicking on “save” for the first time you will also see the API Key
Make sure to copy that API Key.
10, Now that you have the API Key you need to go back to your Okta Admin dashboard and select the BugReplay integration app you created.
11. Make sure to append your API Key to the following URL: (the API Key from our example would be cGxhbnMy-MjM5), so the URL will become:
12. Go back to your Okta Admin dashboard and select the Application integration you created. Edit and paste in the complete URL as your “Initiate login URL”; this will ensure that you can log in to BugReplay through Okta on your specific BugReplay team. The API Key will work for your whole BugReplay team but any user will have to set up the Okta integration with the Client ID, Secret, and your okta domain in the form of “https://youroktadomain.okta.com” (using whatever your real domain is).
That’s all. Once you’ve assigned your users the BugReplay Integration app they will see it on their home screen and, as long as they have the same email address on Okta and on BugReplay, they will simply click on the BugReplay integration button, which will log them into BugReplay.